Thursday, April 27, 2017

Ten Tips for Being More Truthful

Ten Tips for Being More Truthful
By Barbara A. Lewis 
The Ten Tips

  1. Make a commitment to tell the truth.
  2. Tell someone about your commitment.
  3. Think before you give a dishonest answer, explanation, sarcasm, or reason.
  4. Be careful of when and how you use exaggeration, sarcasm, or irony.
  5. Be careful not to twist the truth or leave out part of it.
  6. Don't indulge in little white lies.
  7. Watch out for silent lies.
  8. When you catch yourself lying, throw your mouth into reverse.
  9. Talk to yourself.
  10. Treat yourself when you tell the truth.
Reflection:
What these ten tips are trying to tell us the audience is that, to never lie and if you catch yourself lying to stop and think. Also to be honest to yourself and stay committed to your word. Throughout the ten tips of being more truthful i have developed a variety of techniques of how to be truthful to other but also how to be most truthful and sincere to myself. Therefore i can reflect and all of my actions and see how i can choose the best option by the most honest. Over all i also learned many strategies and examples of how i can apply each tip to my daily routine habit. So that i can further on develop all these tips and techniques alone. However one tip that i would say stuck to me most would be tip number nine. TALK TO YOURSELF. I  believe this tip is very useful in the sense of it making you think and reflect if the choice you have made is right and appropriate. In addition, i will apply all these tips in my life planning goals. By being wise on my decisions and thinking if it's right or best for me to do so. These ten tips can benefit me by always reminding me to tell the truth and never lie. To never lie because if you lie a problem could be started. The then tips are very important to live because if you want to get anywhere in life you need to stay committed and truthful to yourself. I will incorporate these tips into my life planning goals journal by keep my word and not lying about the goals that I have accomplished and the ones that I haven't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment